relays [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Mon Oct 29 11:24:45 PST 2001

<x-flowed>
>Greetings one and all,
>
>I use more than a few 30 amp open frame DPDT power relays.  Just bought
>some Daytons with 120vac coils and they are running quite warm, almost
>hot. I have used Siemens, SD and PB reviously and never noticed heat
>build up on the relays (even when not passing
>current, just coil energized).  Is this unusual??  Even the back of the
>box the relay is mounted to is noticably warm to the touch and I tried a
>second relay with same results.  These were from Schott, not that that
>means anything, but I usually buy relays from a WI electrical
>wholesaler, hence my first experience with Daytons.

I've always bought such relays from Graingers. Dayton is the Grainger
house brand. Never had any problem with them, but I've worked with
primarily DC coil ones so my experience with AC ones is to limited to
say.

You should have a Grainger account for such things. They carry other
brands beside Dayton.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com