PV Grounding [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 17 00:05:38 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Hi Mo,

I carefully roll out solid strand bare copper 6 or 8 gauge (overkill
but mechanically superior) along the racks and solder my own lugs on
the ends in line.  The final product looks like a rod rather than a
wire running along the panels.  I've also considered using a rod or
bar, but If your careful how you roll out the solid strand it looks
really neat and wire is much easier to obtain and transport.  On a
larger job coming up, I'm considering prewiring the grounds with a
bar or rod or simply making up my solid Cu wires in advance.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

--
Jeff Clearwater