2 gensets connected to SW (was Clarification) [RE-wrenches]

hugh piggott hugh.piggott at enterprise.net
Fri Sep 14 01:20:14 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Thanks for the response Pagan, I appreciate that you should probably
be too busy to deal with this :-)

>It could be something to do with genset excercise time - default is 10
>minutes. Is the genset running for 15 minutes or is it 10?

I'll have them check but I believe that the exercise timer is
defeated.  exercise period days = 0

>Or it could be something inherent in the generator. For example, some
>gensets start automatically when mains is removed. If the 3kw "thinks" mains
>has been cut when the 10kw is turned off it might be starting automatically.

I'll send you the diagram off list.  the inverter operates the
generator by connecting it to a dummy load (and AC2) so as to trigger
the automatic start circuit in the generator.  Unless the inverter
calls for a gen start, the gen is disconnected from everything and
will not start.

>Let me know about genset excercise time and also let me know the genset
>brand. That might help figure out what is going on.

It's an old Lister start-o-matic (very common type here).  It starts
up immediately it senses a load and stops immediately when the load
is removed.

--
Hugh

http://www.ScoraigWind.co.uk