Battery Bussing [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Aug 31 20:27:54 PDT 2001

I had a shock recently...
I was called to inspect a stand-alone system that had crashed after two
months. Both design and installation were poorly done. The system had 40
Exide E3600 golf carts wired as ten parallel strings. 2200 rated amp-hours,
with 1600 rated watts (49A) of PV and an AIR 403. The owners had never seen
100% on the LED voltmeter that was all they had for monitoring. Part of the
temporary fix, to get them charging again, was to remove 1/2 of the
batteries and set them aside.

On another job we redid, 16 L16s on a 12V system, with the cables attached
at one end...

We have much work to do, wrenches...

Allan @+E