Water pumping on grid tie [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Thu Aug 16 11:06:26 PDT 2001

At 08:51 AM 8/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that if you have
>time-of-use metering then you also have time-of-use NET metering!  If the
>pumps run all night then you are buying power at the low rate and selling
>back PV power all afternoon at the high rate--sounds like an easy sell to
>me.
>
>Phil Undercuffler
Positive Energy

Phil:

You are correct!  It has been verified.  This is the essence of my
enthusiasm.  Any entity (residential, farm, commercial, public) that can
pump water at night into adequate storage and net meter all day has about a
3 to 1 financial advantage.  This, coupled with rebates and alleged grant
funding should make this the slam-dunk of solar electric programs.  i look
forward to more discussion on the subject.

William

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com