Water pumping on grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Thu Aug 16 08:26:57 PDT 2001

That is probably correct in regards to kWh's.  I have seen several TOU rate
structures but they varied
substantially so it would be very hard to make blanket statements about TOU.
Since we are talking about a commercial rate
which they commonly incorporate a kWh charge, kW charge, kVa correction
factor charges, TOU differentials and more.
Non-residential utility charges are often very complex and require very
careful study in order to determine
the cost effectiveness of energy conservation measures.  Sure it's possible
to save some kWH's but if the
bill is dominated by the kW and other charges its very inconsequential
(money wise) to save kWh's.  I have seen commercial bills with
high demand factors that less than 30% of the total charges come from kWh's.

Hope that helped.

Travis Creswell