refer and PS/SW inverters [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, Trace Engineering ezra at lasqueti.net
Mon May 28 08:48:46 PDT 2001

My experience with a PS2524 is that the 16 watt search setting (when
adjusted down) is still too sensitive for many loads which are requisite in
our daily life.  I very reluctantly decided to defeat search and live with
the losses.  My rationale was that when I considered the hours of
refrigerator duty cycle, radio/stereo play, and office usage there actually
were few available hours of sleep mode left.  I find that keeping a minimum
load of one phone plus the inverter runs me about 35 watts continuous.  I
have also found that if I'm not careful about phantom load management that I
can easily add twenty or thirty watts of loss.  I control devices like AC
phones and entertainment with switched powerbars to keep the losses to a
dull roar.

The upside for me is that everything works just fine with no delay or
"weirdness".

Ezra