Frigidare Washer [RE-wrenches]

info at backwoodssolar.com info at backwoodssolar.com
Wed May 23 17:00:22 PDT 2001

It could be like the old apple computers, the waveform is rejected by a
start-up test or accepted.  Sometimes state of charge of batteries makes the
difference. In any case I don't feel we can assume dire things are to come
of it.  She may have a perfectly good work-around that she accepts.

On the other hand I ran a Sharp brand photocopy machine in my office for 9
months, thousands of copies on a U series Trace. One day later the triac
stuck full on and the heat roller and associated components melted down.
thinking this perhaps an odd occurrence, after all those months without
incident, I took most of a day replacing the parts.  A week later it
repeated and I learned to use true sinewave only with that copier.

I have seen numerous instances where Maytag Neptune would not work on Trace
DR modified wave, but Low Keep Refrigeration, in the booth next to me at
Wisconsin fair last year, has his own Neptune that is working fine ( as of
last summer anyhow) on the DR inverter.
Steve Willey
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com