*&^% Subsidies (was Proposed Changes to C.E.C. rebates in California) [RE

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Sun May 13 16:30:52 PDT 2001

Inspectors typically don't know diddly about much of anything. They go on
looks and on past jobs. Really. There are a few who are better, but having
completed about 4,000,000 SF of building design and review through the
permitting and inspection offices in Chicago, Boston, Burlington and other
major and minor areas, inspectors that are doing residential level stuff
and a lot that are doing larger stuff) will only catch the stuff that slaps
them in the face.

Many time I have had to go in a meet with an inspector to explain how an
installation or design DOES meet code, because it was different than what
they were used to seeing.

So PV isn't special in the lack of knowledge. Inspectors know what they've
seen before. Eventually PV will be in this category.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632