Solar attic fans [RE-wrenches]

hugh piggott hugh.piggott at enterprise.net
Wed May 2 23:45:07 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
At 10:21 pm -0400 2/5/01, John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind wrote:
>it doesn't make much sense to run
>a generator to charge the batteries to run an inverter to charge the other
>batteries.

The generator power should pass straight through the SW inverter, and
on down the hill.

>  I think they need some solar along with the wind to keep the
>larger system self supporting in the summer.

Maybe you need to run power back up the hill from the solar system to
the wind system under certain conditions.  If you had a 3 core cable
you could use it for power in either direction.

Starting from scratch I would try to site the wind and solar and
batteries all together and run all the loads from one system.
--
Hugh

homeward bound to Scoraig :-)
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk