Solar attic fans [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Wed May 2 19:21:47 PDT 2001

Dave,
   The original system was the solar with a 4024.  It had a propane backup
generator.
The new system was set up on top of the ridge where they have barns, well
pumps, cabins and a greenhouse to power.  The plan was to eliminate the
generator at the bottom and put it in to back up the wind system above.  When
the wind has been cooperating, it works great.  Now that we are coming into
summer, the wind source is not as good and it doesn't make much sense to run
a generator to charge the batteries to run an inverter to charge the other
batteries.  I think they need some solar along with the wind to keep the
larger system self supporting in the summer.

John
CVSolar

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com