Trace Upgrades [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Sat Mar 31 20:32:10 PST 2001

Carl, before you damn the whole Trace organization, I think this reads
more like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is
doing. I've found Chris Freitas to be a genuinely honest and helpful guy
over the years, but he's the engineer at the very beginning of any
project, while your generic Trace phone tech is at the far end of any
project. Long after Chris "finished and shipped" a project from his
department it may still be struggling to reach production, and it might be
a few more weeks before anybody tells the phone techs, "oh yeah, we're
shipping that now." It's one of the unfortunate byproducts of any big
organization, no one individual can be totally in touch with every phase
of every project.
  If Chris told you that silent sell will become a standard feature, it
will. But that only means it's in the pipeline, not that it's shipping
next Tuesday.

Best regards,
Doug Pratt

carl reuter wrote:

> Wrenches: A while back I attented an excellent seminar put on by
> Applied Power on Grid-Intertie and one of the speakers was Chris
> Freitas along with Kevin Hagen from Trace. Well Trace did it again.
> Those guys, when finally cornered on the issues of SW silent sell and
> ST problems claimed they had made fixes to the software, and inless I
> imagined the whole thing, said that all new STs would be shipping
> with revised software and that they HAD revised SW software that
> included silent sell and my understanding(anybody else remember it
> this way?) was it was available as they were reporting on it. It left
> me hopefull about those guys. That is until yesterday, when I was on
> the phone to a Trace tech who was telling me that ST software fixes
> were still being beta tested and that there was no new SW software
> with silent sell, it didn't exist, period. Those cheeky bastards had
> the guts to lie to a room full of installers and its all BS. Unless
> the tech was misinformed, I would have to say there credibility is
> non-existent. I hate being lied to , especially when I pose a direct
> question and I look the person in the eye.I sure cant wait for some
> other products to show up so Trace can go F--- themselves. Carl Reuter
>
> =====
> Land and Sea Solar, Renewable Energy Systems.
> www.landandseasolar.com
> carl at landandseasolar.com
>  Phone:831-252-5040

> - - -