Trace Upgrades [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter creuter at rocketmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:47:18 PST 2001

Wrenches: A while back I attented an excellent seminar put on by
Applied Power on Grid-Intertie and one of the speakers was Chris
Freitas along with Kevin Hagen from Trace. Well Trace did it again.
Those guys, when finally cornered on the issues of SW silent sell and
ST problems claimed they had made fixes to the software, and inless I
imagined the whole thing, said that all new STs would be shipping
with revised software and that they HAD revised SW software that
included silent sell and my understanding(anybody else remember it
this way?) was it was available as they were reporting on it. It left
me hopefull about those guys. That is until yesterday, when I was on
the phone to a Trace tech who was telling me that ST software fixes
were still being beta tested and that there was no new SW software
with silent sell, it didn't exist, period. Those cheeky bastards had
the guts to lie to a room full of installers and its all BS. Unless
the tech was misinformed, I would have to say there credibility is
non-existent. I hate being lied to , especially when I pose a direct
question and I look the person in the eye.I sure cant wait for some
other products to show up so Trace can go F--- themselves. Carl Reuter

=====
Land and Sea Solar, Renewable Energy Systems.
www.landandseasolar.com
carl at landandseasolar.com
 Phone:831-252-5040

- - -