PV  Inverters module strings [RE-wrenches] [RE-wren

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Sat Mar 31 17:55:29 PST 2001

Joel Davidson wrote:

> PV systems must be engineered properly. Engineering one system at a time is
> inefficient and a marketplace bottleneck. Wise PV module and inverter manufacturers
> will let the world know how to use their equipment with all of the popular brands.

Attempting to sell equipment without individual, on site, design resulted in our
country being littered with systems that didn't work properly.
This gave the industry a bad name.

Yes, the systems have to be engineered properly.
Yes, they have to be engineered one system at a time.
Yes, the market will be 'retarded',  ....but the systems will work.
Yes, we need information on the popular brands, I have dug this out at some
considerable individual cost and that is why potential clients seek me out as a
consultant.

Market forces vs. System integrity...  this tension needs to be carefully managed to
maintain an honest industry.

There is a case for saying that grid inter tied PV needs less engineering than remote
stand alone RE systems. I find in this area the client demands similar accuracy when it
comes to performance predictions.

Carl Emerson
Manager
FREEPOWER LTD.  "Harnessing Natural Energy"  Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

Archive of previous messages: