Ni-Cd restoration [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Tue Mar 27 03:42:17 PST 2001

Allan:

In a previous life I worked as a two way radio technician.  We zapped nicad
pager batteries by giving them a momentary jolt at 12 volts, normal
polarization (supply plus to battery plus).  We gave 1.2 volt batteries a
zap with a 12 volt supply.  This would translate to 180 volts DC for your
tool batteries!  Instead, I'd try 24 volts and if that was not successful,
48 volts.  We held the contact for about 2 seconds.  It brought many
batteries back to life.

Good luck,

William Miller

PS:  Nice term: dendrites!

WM

At 09:19 PM 3/26/01 -0800, you wrote:
>bin? Maybe it just needs its dendrites fried to perform again. What AC or DC
>voltage and current might restore performance? Thanks
>Allan at PozEn

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: