Bergey XL.1 delays [RE-wrenches]

Ian Woofenden, Home Power ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Sun Mar 18 19:31:51 PST 2001

<x-flowed>
Doug and list,

Mick received his Xl.1 (said to be the first on the order list) on
Fri, 19 Jan 2001. Last report was that he had opened the box (!), but
does not have it flying yet.

Steve Wilke at Bergey recently said to me that they are "still
clearing out backorders", and that it was too slow for him, but at
least they are shipping.

I was well impressed with the machine and the designer, Tod Hanley,
when I saw and met them at MREF. But the proof is in field operation,
and I'm looking forward to hearing how the machines perform. The
price for the rotor size is great, and if they hold up in the real
world, it's going to be hard to beat in that size range.

Ian

--
Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Fax: 360-293-7034
Associate Editor, Home Power magazine, The Hands-On Journal Of Home-Made Power

800-707-6585 (US), 541-512-0220, or download current issue at
<http://www.homepower.com>

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: