The Belize modules story [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Mon Jan 8 10:03:53 PST 2001

<x-flowed>More of the saga ... This from Belize resident who inquired about our
pumps. I sent him Doug's story (without citing the source, of
course). Here is his reply:

QUOTE

Whoever wrote this was less charitable than I was. But he (or she) is
%100 on target about the place. It was a wierd scene, AC's running in empty
buildings, ferrocement biblical scenes, and the guy running the place, who
I assume was of the family that owned it, knew zero about the system and
was the only person there. I am a curious guy, so I went and looked at the
arrays and the battery room, listened to his rap about how great the system
was, but the generator was running while I was there, despite cloudless
skies. He said the inverter was from Australia and needed a computer genius
to fix it, and that the computer genius was on his way from Australia
   There were no visitors, and the place was empty. They had a little over
1200 panels sitting out there, which was quite a sight when my house is