The Belize modules story [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Mon Jan 8 18:09:05 PST 2001

kurtj12 at aol.com wrote:

> <snip>what i do hold against real goods (but not you, because like you said you
> are only an employee) is that they bought these panels for somewhere between
> $165 and $175 each and now they are selling them for $299 and telling everyone
> its the deal of the decade with no explaination that they survived four years
> in a salt water environment. thats one hell of a profit margin on used panels.
> kurt johnson
> the solar guys

...ummm, damn! I really don't want to get in the position of defending John
Schaffer, because we disagree more often than we agree, but here goes.

  Yes, the profit is good, but we've got enough folks on the waiting list already
(at $299 ea.) to sell the whole lot two or three times over, even after we limit
the number any one person can buy. And we're all in business to (occasionally)
make a profit aren't we?  If they're selling this easily we should lower the
price?  Would you?  Every module is getting inspected by Siemens. Any modules
with j-box corrosion are being put aside, and we're being clear that these are
used, they're from Belize, and they don't qualify for CED rebates. I think we're
being absolutely honest, and we aren't accepting any money or deposits until
we've got the modules in the warehouse to deliver.

I rest my defense, let's talk about something else.
-Doug

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: