New SW/Intertie inverters [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mt. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Wed Jan 3 19:09:04 PST 2001

I've been waiting for around 6 years now for the promised (vaporware) "silent
sell". I keep hearing that it is a priority... but hey, talk is cheap.

When they walk their talk I'll be impressed, but until then I am hoping they
get some competition to force them to stay competitive. Unfortunately it seems
that is the way with the big corps... they could care less what the consumers
want until it hits them in their pocket books.

TC

William Miller wrote:

> Colleagues:
>
> I have been waiting for 2 years for Trace to fix a bug with the generator
> start portion of their firmware.  If I set the exercise period for 7 days,
> the generator starts acting wacky, like starting and then running until
> manually shut off.  I got Dean at Trace to acknowledge it is a bug, but
> it's been two years.  He has not returned my last two telephone calls and
> one e-mail request.  I find this to be highly irresponsible.  This does not
> bode well for Trace being responsive to industry requests, or even to fix
> known defects.  I am all for lobbying heavily just to see if we can change
> this trend, and I propose we keep each other motivated to put together a
> list of repairs and improvements.
>
> William Miller

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com