New SW/Intertie inverters [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Jan 2 15:17:26 PST 2001

What success I have had in getting things I want from entities much larger
and more complex than me has always started by asking for something so small
and easy they can't say no.  My 3 yr. old uses a very similar technique
quite successfully.

I suggest that Michael takes a small request to Trace.  He would be
representing us and most importantly it would be something we would be
willing to pay for.

This is my example of something easy that they could do for us.  Wouldn't it
be nice if Trace put together a spare hardware kit for installers.  They use
a lot of odd ball hardware and I personally have dropped a fair share of
SWCB and C40 face plate screws never to be found again.  Along with this kit
include a little bottle of touch up paint to hide the shipping rubs and
installation nicks.  It wouldn't cost much and they already have all the
stuff.  We could all order one and they would see that listening to us makes
them money.

We get to record a victory and Trace can get used to how reasonable we are
to work with.  Of course our requests get a little more complex each time
along with some easy ones in the middle.

The main problem when fishing for whales in small boats is that you rarely
catch it and you are so pissed off at your fishing partners you never go
whaling with them again.  I have gone after some big ones with others and it
always happens this way.  My prediction is that no matter how easy the
request Trace won't do it.  This will show us that they are not interested
in working with us and we can move on the other manufacturers.  We will have
saved a lot of time and aggravation with each other during the process.

Travis Creswell
----------
>From: "Michael Welch, Home Power" <michael.welch at homepower.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: New SW/Intertie inverters [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Tue, Jan 2, 2001, 4:47 PM
>

>Yup, and this list has already resulted in communication to and pressure on
>Xantrex (see Chris Daum's last post). I am just saying that effectiveness
>could be revved up a couple of notches by an organized effort among us as
>opposed to the individual effort and passive complaint. Let's not wait for
>them to call, let's start pounding on their doors.
>
>Michael Welch

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: