New SW/Intertie inverters [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, Trace Engineering ezra at lasqueti.net
Tue Jan 2 17:25:42 PST 2001

Happy new year all of you.

I want to make some comments on the thread of Xantrex responsiveness.  First
I have to remind all of you that I work there as the Off Grid Market Segment
Manager.  I'm a wrench too, and part of my job is to try to break our off
grid equipment at home, which is how I come to be here.  I generally try to
keep fairly quiet on subjects pertaining to Xantrex products and issues for
fear as becoming viewed as some sort of corporate talking head.  This thread
does however pull me out of my shell to make a couple of comments and
observations.

A number of us at Xantrex regularly read and discuss the postings on the
Wrenches list.  Many of you may not know it but you all are a valuable
source of feedback and suggestions. The depth of collective experience with
our products shared in this group is staggering. We'd be plain foolish if we
didn't pay some serious attention to your postings.

I think the suggestion about a concerted effort to contact other inverter
manufacturers is interesting, particularly in view of the apparent lack of
interest from the manufacturers.  I personally can't imagine how any
marketing type worth their salt would have missed the opportunity. Perhaps
the conclusion to draw is that they are not reading or at least paying much
attention to Wrenches.

And finally I'm intrigued by Travis's request for a spare hardware package.
I'm not about to use this forum to make promises I might not be able to
keep.  Never-the-less Travis and Michael, please collaborate on a perfect
spare hardware package parts list and contact me off line.

Thanks to all of you for the lively and informative correspondence.

Ezra Auerbach
Xantrex Technology
360 435 8826 Ext. 2075
eauerbach at traceengineering.com