New SW/Intertie inverters [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Jan 2 14:47:20 PST 2001

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection wrote at 01:56 PM 1/2/2001 -0800:

>I have to agree with Jay that it would be hard to implement. We're all just independent cusses at heart.

What is the one thing I do best? I have been a community organizer for 25 years. We are a community, so I am willing to put some energy into organizing this. Obviously, I can't do it full time, but hopefully I can put enough time in it. I've got some ideas and know the tools pretty well.

>And to be fair, the SW was-and still is-head and shoulders over anything else in the "Swiss Army Knife" category of inverter/chargers. Yes, it needs improvements. They are long overdue but I believe they will be forthcoming in the next six months.

You may have inside info on that, but as has so often been reported by wrenches in this forum, we have been hearing that "coming" routine for a long time, even before Xantrex.

>On the other hand, I'm no fan of big corporations or monopolies. I totally agree we need some competition. Until it comes along however, we all gotta eat. Any wannabe rich electronics firms who want to call, will get the same suggestions I give Trace. If they step up to the place with a product, I'll try to rip it a new one. If it's a winner, I'll shoot my big mouth off about it. That's the way it works.

Yup, and this list has already resulted in communication to and pressure on Xantrex (see Chris Daum's last post). I am just saying that effectiveness could be revved up a couple of notches by an organized effort among us as opposed to the individual effort and passive complaint. Let's not wait for them to call, let's start pounding on their doors.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."

			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
      Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
      Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
      (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

To unsubscribe send a message to: