New SW/Intertie inverters [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Jan 2 13:56:28 PST 2001

<x-flowed>Michael,
I have to agree with Jay that it would be hard to implement. We're
all just independent cusses at heart.
And to be fair, the SW was-and still is-head and shoulders over
anything else in the "Swiss Army Knife" category of
inverter/chargers. Yes, it needs improvements. They are long overdue
but I believe they will be forthcoming in the next six months. Keep
in mind that while Trace was in the LONG process of being sold, the
powers that were weren't about to screw with the bottom line with any
funding for R&D. When Xantrex took over, it took FOREVER for them to
adapt (some would say force) their corporate ideology on to Trace,
Heart, and Cruising Equipment. Whether it took or not or whether it
works in the long run remains to be seen. However, things are
starting to move and inquiries are being made as to what we want and
need. I'd advise giving it five or six more months and see what
happens.
On the other hand, I'm no fan of big corporations or monopolies. I
totally agree we need some competition. Until it comes along however,
we all gotta eat. Any wannabe rich electronics firms who want to
call, will get the same suggestions I give Trace. If they step up to
the place with a product, I'll try to rip it a new one. If it's a
winner, I'll shoot my big mouth off about it. That's the way it works.
bob-O

>I have not seen any comments specifically about my suggestion that
>there be an organized effort among Wrenches to get new inverter
>manufacturers to give us the products we are looking for.
>
>Would this be a worthwhile effort? We might get some new choices,
>AND it might get Xantrex off their butts.
>
>Michael Welch

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044
800.945.7587 fax 530-475-3401