SW2512 "work around" [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Mon Jan 1 20:07:05 PST 2001

>If the utilities knew there where non-UL listed pieces being added that
>could affect the protection circuitry  then they
>would have an irrefutable argument against forward progress.

	Which is exactly why it would be so much better if Trace was to do it
themselves. Most of what we are talking about here is minor
operational/function adjustments, not changing the way the entire inverter
operates. Lose the non-functional parts of the programming (generator
control, etc) and build in additional useful functions to make the machine
more versitile for advanced installations.
	Also lots of agreement about another manufacturer cleaning Xanthrax's
clock when higher performance inverters are available elsewhere.Cutting
back production to a 'dumber' version (PS series) will only accelerate the
shift to the new manufacturer's products in the end.

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: