Backup generators. [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Fri Nov 9 07:38:02 PST 2001

<x-flowed>
At 12:37 AM 11/09/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Jay and others,
>I am also interested in any comments on the Kohler 8.5...

Word is, from a Kohler Rep., that the 8.5 is fine so long as you don't plan
to use it.  If it is for back up only, it is ok.  If it if to be a working
generator, designed to supply loads on an on going basis, don't mess with it.

I think, for small systems, the Onan Emerald is a good choice.  It is
somewhat pricey for the wattage, but a good unit.

Drake

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm