GFI isolated neutral [RE-wrenches]

Bill Hoffer Billhoffer at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:37:00 PDT 2001

Outback Power has a fine isolation block that fits on a standard Ilsco
isolation block, it is similar to Xantrex's new block and the isolation
block used in Power Centers.  These blocks can be used in tandem for an
isolated nuetral or added to the sides of the standard 500 amp shunt used in
the DC250, Power Module, or Power Center to add additional wire connection
points to the shunt.  I think that the Outback Power module is the best one
I have used.  You should be able to drive a self tapping sheet metal screw
into an already mounted DC250 (with a small pilot hole) to mount the block.

By the way Outback Power is the one to keep an eye on, all the engineering
talent from Trace has moved over there, and they now have a version of the
Power Panel on steriods that includes a battery box.  It is designed to
accomadate any inverter (they will modify mounting plates upon request!).
They are working on a new charger and inverter, that I cannot wait to see.
Check them out at outbackpower.com

Bill Hoffer
Sunergy Engineering
billhoffer at hotmail.com