PV as an investment [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Fri Sep 7 17:59:39 PDT 2001

Good thread...

Another reply I have come up with to the usual payback question is to ask them why they
think it is with energy, "cheaper is better"? I ask if when they bought their vehicle or
home, did they look for the rock bottom, cheapest thing they could get? Of course not,
so I point out that likewise, some kinds of energy are different (and better) then
others.

Yes, that $500.00 used, rusted out, 1967 pickup will move your body from point A to B,
just like brown, carbon based power will light a bulb or run the TV, but green power is
different and better because it is clean... but like a Lexus, it does cost more.

I also then point out how the current cost of brown power does not begin to include the
long term environmental consequences of using it. I tell them that their children's,
children's, children will get to pay that bill. I encourage them to be a leader, be an
example to others and make the only intelligent choice for the health of future
generations on our planet.

We are dealing with a consciousness shift here folks... that is why the change to
renewables is so much more complicated then what seems to be so obvious to us that are
on the "other side". Again, 70+ % of what I end up doing is education of the customer...
too bad the schools don't teach people to think outside the box better.

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm