SW Efficiency/ PWM Angle Adjustment [RE-wrenches]

Mr. Sharkey sharkey at eugeneweb.com
Thu Sep 6 22:31:53 PDT 2001

	Bill;

	Apology accepted.

> I had been working in
>the field all day troubleshooting systems and was pissed off with the
>mistakes I found and was little on edge when I got your message.

	Maybe you should consider finding a less stressful means of employment.

>it appears that you still are not convinced

	Well, yes, I have a bit of doubt that a one-size-fits-all setting is the
optimum for every installation, but have no means of deciding if the
alternatives are any better than the factory default. I would still be
interested in knowing what the power factor actually is on a typical
installation, and how much that is varied by the setting of the PWM Angle
adjustment. If I'm seeing a 30% change in (amp clamp) current from one end
of the setting to the other, what percentage change in power factor is
taking place? As much as 30%?
	BTW My SW 2512 is UL listed, and it has the default as 129. It's a very
early model, serial #00013, so it appears that not all of the UL listed
inverters got the fix.

	-S

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com