Trace/Onan starting [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Thu Jul 12 13:14:23 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Hi Dave,

The Onan requires that the GLOWSTOP function in menu 13 be selected.  The
generator starting mechanism needs to duplicate the action of a rocker
switch.  With GLOWSTOP, the relay closes momentarily.  It sounds like the
relay is remaining closed after starting, when the generator is trying to run.

Relays 7 & 8 are used for this function.  Relay 8 will start the generator,
and then open.  Relay 7 will stop the unit.

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com