Diversion Load for wind generator [RE-wrenches]

Clive Wilkins, PowerSense powersense at horizon.co.fk
Wed Jun 13 15:12:48 PDT 2001

Improvements...forget the sex appeal and improve the engineering, get the
rectifier down where it belongs in the control box,and divert to a LOAD.
Relying on the  turbines mass to cool things down does NOT work---period.
What is wrong with wooden blades...can`t keep up with the high reving little
b......`s
cut the  revs.

Reliable turbines on the market.......not many...... How much money do you
want to spend? What is the application for the turbine.......our local
communication company are willing to replace 100watt Ampairs every 2-3years
nothing else on the market lasts as long.They tell me it`s  cost effective .

Under local conditions I have had very good results with Proven Engineering
turbines .They have lived up to the makers claims, I`ve installed over 50 to
date,and I rearly hear anything from my customers.
There are a couple of Bergey and one LMW on the islands, only the latter is
working.

You`ll understand I do not want to get into a THIS turbine is better than
THAT one

As I said to start with ..you get what you pay for....well most of the time

Clive Wilkinson  ( son of Wilkin )