Heart inverters [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Wed May 16 09:06:06 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>

>On a somewhat different matter, can anyone give an opinion of Heart inverter
>products?  I have seen a couple, the owners seemed pleased with them, but no
>one much is using them.  Why don't we (I) hear more about them?

>Baran

Heart pioneered the first efficient, hi-surge, low-idle (mod-sine)
inverter suited to home power systems, back in '85. That year their
failure rate was about 50%. A year later, they had high reliability
and have had it very high ever since. Unfortunately for them, some
guys broke from the company and formed a company that you may have
heard of, now famous for certain white boxes that buzz.

Trace, that is, immediately produced a black box that never quit.
They immediately took over our market. Since then however, Heart had
equal reliability and probably still does. Heart gained strength by
concentrating on marine and mobile markets instead of RE homes. We
sold many Heart inverters in the 80's and early 90's when Trace
didn't have the right product or when we could get reconditioned
Hearts cheaper. Their heavy low-freq. transformer units are solid! I
don't know about some cheaper units they may have. I don't know if
they have anything sine wave yet.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com