Heart inverters [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Wed May 16 19:36:28 PDT 2001

I have used the Freedom 25 series Heart inverters on several systems,
including my own. Also did a class on a system with a 1024 Freedom. They
make a great 2nd charger for a big battery bank.
They are tough as nails, will surge enough to start a Mack truck (so to
speak) and have a good charger. I remember reading in some old literature
that the 2500 would surge to 10,000 watts.
They are basically a set and forget inverter, no tiny dials as on the DR
series. The older remote controls had dip switches, the newer ones are all
front panel control from the remote. They have a UL listing, but probably
not the latest for the industry. I think it says "UL listed photovoltatic
power conditioning equipment" or similar wording.
I have never had an inspector bat an eyelash at one.
I also have seen very few things that would not run on the mod sine wave,
except the cheap snap on cordless impact's battery charger and an electric
clock.

I had one under water in a basement (not deep) turned it on, it worked then
it quit, Found the water, cussed and cleaned my drawers, then sent it out
and was told they rinsed the mud from it, dried it, and it was fine.
(And I don't think I am lucky)

I still prefer them to the DR series. Most of my customers can understand
the on / off switch.......

Unfortunately they are now owned by the same antacid company that owns the
rest of the inverter company's.

Later,
Bob

RE. Ellison
Supplier of;
Diesel Generators &
Alternative Energy Systems & Supplies
34642 Countryman Road
Theresa, NY. USA
                              13691-2076

>On a somewhat different matter, can anyone give an opinion of Heart
inverter
>products?  I have seen a couple, the owners seemed pleased with them, but
no
>one much is using them.  Why don't we (I) hear more about them?

>Baran

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm