PV Module Degradation (was PV Inverters module strings) [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Wed May 16 08:44:36 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
>On output warranties: I asked Photowatt/Matrix about warranty issues a year
>or two ago. They had (have) a 10 year warranty against >10% degradation. If
>I wanted it, for a few dollars/module more they'd give me a 20 year warranty
>against >20% degradation. You figure it out.
>Allan @+E

Allan -- I've seen module specs stated on the spec sheet as +/-  as
much as 10%. That's the mfgr's tolerance, meaning they could allow
10% low the day they ship it out. BP says it differently. On their
latest spec sheets, they show a "warranted minimum" that is about 7%
lower than the rated power.

That means that degradation is less of a component of the warranty.

 From what I've observed and heard from some others, for good quality
crystalline/glass modules, 1/2% per year is reasonable to expect.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm