Proposed Changes to C.E.C. rebates in California [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu May 10 14:04:46 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Travis, etal,
Before you think it's all coming up roses in CA for solar bozos, you
should know that those rebates ONLY apply to the service areas of
PG&E, SCE, and SDG&E. Everyone else gets squat, nada, screwed. It's a
state program, with state money pouring in, but the rest of us get
hosed. Politics suck.
Bob-O

>Hey I really think its great what's going in CA.  I'm just kidding about
>being mad and SINCERELY APOLOGIZE to anyone who took it as anything other
>than (bad) humor.
>
>I can only imagine the hysteria that is going on out there.  Hopefully the
>quality of the installations are way above the tax break days of the late
>70's.
>
>But you are right about there being some problems.  I'm getting calls and
>emails from people who have caught a news blurb from a new install in CA.
>The owner is saying all these wonderful things about how much of his energy
>it is supposed to produce and that it only costs 5k after all the rebates.
>Unfortunately there isn't I can do for them in that price range.  I try to
>interest them a solar water heater but that just isn't as "cool" as making
>your own electricity.
>
>Bill's suggestion of going to CA is not to bad although.  I'm booked up
>through June.  Anybody need help in July?  "Have tools, will travel".

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com