*&^% Subsidies (was Proposed Changes to C.E.C. rebates in California) [R

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Sun May 13 15:01:59 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
It is true that inspectors don't necessarily know solar design. They do
look for bad wiring.  If a system is clean, it helps a lot.

Inspections or not, there are a tremendous number of systems that aren't
designed to match the loads.  They may not be safety hazards, but many
produce a very small percentage of the power used.   This problem is
already well established.

Drake

At 02:42 PM 05/13/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>The thoroughness of the inspection depends on the
>individual conducting the inspection.  Often times the
>inspectors don't know diddly about pv and consequently
>don't know what to look for in terms of design flaws.
>They often seem to be a bit overwhelmed by the
>unfamiliar equipment and ask to be educated on how the
>systems works.
>
>Jerry
>--- Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy
><solar at eagle-access.net> wrote:
> >

> > >I don't want to invite the quick & dirty fly by
> > >nighters to come give our industry a bad rep.  It's
> > >allready happened once with the solar hot water
> > >industry.
> >

> > I live in Colorado, not California, so I don't know
> > how good a job your
> > inspectors do.  But here, quick and dirt jobs don't
> > pass inspections very
> > often.   Don't the installations have to be
> > inspected before a grid
> > connection can be made?
> >
> > Drake

- - - -