stoves [RE-wrenches]

Chris Daum info at oasismontana.com
Thu May 3 07:51:57 PDT 2001

Hi Wrenches:

Another note on gas stoves:  Peerless-Premier offers electronic ignition on
its top-line products, which only takes 2 to 3 watts for a few seconds.
 There is no glow bar, which can pull 300 to 400 watts per hour the oven is
on--quite a large battery drain.  With electronic ignition, stoves (burners
and ovens) without AC power can be lit with a match; some folks just don't
like having a pilot light lit.

Peerless-Premier also sells a cheaper line (like, for discount stores), but
I'm unfamiliar with what options they may offer.  My understanding is that
there's a significant quality difference between their top end goods and
the cheap stuff.

Regards,

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.