Energy Smart Products [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Wed Apr 4 06:26:15 PDT 2001

Thanks Allan, David and Doug,

I played with a Green Plug on a fridge several years ago and had the same
experience.  My understanding is that the motors are most efficient when
they are running somewhere close to full load.  The best candidates for
savings are the motors that are running at less than full load.  I believe
these devices do cause quite a bit of harmonic distortion.  Of course, so do
compact fluorescents.

I'm getting more and more calls from people who want to "save money".  It be
nice to make some money off these people instead of having the same
conversation with a different person 5 times a day. It always ends the same,
"that's too much!" then not even bother to thank me for my time.  What
amazes about these people is there desire to get rid of the utility yet not
be willing to pay me to come do a energy audit.

I know I'm preaching to choir

Travis

- - -
To send a message: