question/battery-grid charging [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Thu Mar 15 09:23:47 PST 2001

Hi All,

Heres the question.

I hooked up a customer to his neighbors house ( 1100' using 2/0 AL wire, ) which
is Grid connected. The customer has a existing 4048SW inverter, small battery
bank ( 8 golf cart batteries) there are no PV in this system.  I have the  AC1
input currently at 25 amps, with only a 6v drop.

Now my question is this.  Whats the best way to run this new system?  Keep the
grid on all the time?( UPS) or Use the grid timer say late at night and use the
batteries? I can do the logic a few ways, but maybe someone has already done
this?

What would use the least amount of power ( hence money) but keep battery life as
high as possible?

( other data:: mostly its a small use house, used to being on
generator/inverter.  Just the usual small loads: refer, lights, fan, dish tv,
etc.  )
Thanks,

jay

Peltz Power