net metered system question [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Fri Mar 2 16:16:52 PST 2001

>1) You make no mention of the Sell voltage setpoint.  This must be set just
>below float on both inverters and controller to get any sell at all.

	Allan;

	If you are referring to menu item 17, "Set Battery Sell Volts DC", this
makes no difference unless you are selling *battery* voltage, it will not
affect a grid-tie system that is being fed from an outside charging source
(PV's). It's set point only enters into inverter operation when the
"inverting" LED is flashing, indicating battery selling.
	Menu item 17 "Set Max Sell Amps", however, must be a value as high or
higher than the maximum expected AC output of each individual inverter
while feeding the grid.
	I'm still betting on MOSFET failure. Any takers? (is on-list betting
off-topic?)

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com