net metered system question [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positivenergy.com
Fri Mar 2 15:56:52 PST 2001

David,
    I see two things, if I read you correctly:
1) You make no mention of the Sell voltage setpoint.  This must be set just
below float on both inverters and controller to get any sell at all.  Could
this be off? Could temp comp be bumping it up too high?
2) Not related to the problem but to the charge controller: I thought that
the Pulse charging methodology was as you say, with part of the array PWM
and the rest on/off via contactor.  Yesterday I learned from John Berdner
(who was at Pulse B4 their marriage and messy divorce) that the entire
control algorithm is PWM. It's a "ramp plus step" approach, wherein the
control logic sequentially opens and closes the contactors according to
actual current input desired, with the PWM of the 1st input ramping up and
down between (<48A) subarray jumps.  It also, like the big Solar Boosts,
adjusts input current in charge (and I think float) modes to compensate in
real time for varying loads. Pretty impressive design, actually.
Hope this helps.
Allan at +En

> Any Ideas on what's going on?  Suggestions?
>
> Dave Palumbo
> IP&L

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com