Trace ST problems [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Thu Feb 22 17:24:25 PST 2001

Hi Carl,

Yep sorry to hear about the comments from Trace but business as usual.

The important isssue is that the inverter is approved by the state rebate program here in CA.  I can think of only 1 issue and that is
the new IEEE standards.  I would contact AEI and see what they say about that.  Its the only thing I can think of.  I have one on my
house, approved by PG&E.

AEI can be reached at

Phone: 603-654-9322 Fax: 603-654-9324 email info at advancedenergy.com
http://www.advancedenergy.com/

Let us know whats up.  I can also give you the name of my PG&E guy who was really helpful and pretty informed.

Thanks,
jay
Peltz Power

carl reuter wrote:

> Today while on the phone to a Trace tech, I brought up the Suntie and
> asked if they had ironed out the bugs and the guy got very
> defensive,claimed they'd only had "a few" instances of problems and
> went on about mud slingers giving the product a bad name, etc.
> Apparently they dont like us wrenches down there.
>  Latter in the day,one of my suppliers mentioned that of 19 units
> that his company sold,12 came back in with the same problems that
> we've discussed here.This is the same old thing with Trace,major
> denial and piss poor lying skills.Ive never heard them cop to
> anything.
> I have been considering the much smaller AEI GC 1000 a contender
> until speaking with an official today from Pacific Gas & Electric,
> who told me the darn thing wasn't on his list of PG&E approved
> inverters for grid tie,yet he didn't have any more info than that and
> not even a copy of their list to send me. Darn frustrating, this
> business. Carl Reuter
>
> =====
> Land and Sea Solar, Renewable Energy Systems.  Email: carl at landandseasolar.com.   Phone:831-252-5040  website:www.landandseasolar.com

> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>  http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
> http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: