Trace ST problems [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Thu Feb 22 14:30:29 PST 2001

At 01:52 AM 2/22/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Today while on the phone to a Trace tech, I brought up the Suntie and
>asked if they had ironed out the bugs and the guy got very
>defensive,claimed they'd only had "a few" instances of problems and
>went on about mud slingers giving the product a bad name, etc.
>Apparently they dont like us wrenches down there.
> Latter in the day,one of my suppliers mentioned that of 19 units
>that his company sold,12 came back in with the same problems that
>we've discussed here.This is the same old thing with Trace,major
>denial and piss poor lying skills.Ive never heard them cop to
>anything.

Carl:

I am concerned more about the situation the supplier experienced.  It would
help me if I could see a first-person report from that supplier.  Would it
be possible for you to ask this person to write a brief description of the
problem that you could post to this forum?  He/she could remain anonymous,
if they have a reason to do so.

It's just that direct reports carry more weight, subconsciously and
otherwise as we try to make sense of just how serious this situation is.
If this would help anyone else, please chime in.

Thanks,

William Miller

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
Chief Engineer, KCBX: NPR and PRI for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7, Word 7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7, Excel 5
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Autocad V12 DWG, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: