SW4024 switching issue [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander, VT Solar vtsolar1 at together.net
Wed Feb 7 09:15:11 PST 2001

Kurt:

I did find a vague reference to the 40 sec. delay in the original piss-poorly
written 4.01
manual(page 25), implying that the delay exists. But I wonder. I don't ever
recall,
when moving the cursor to off on the front panel, having the generator wait 40
seconds to shut down after the transfer to inverter mode takes place. Transfer &
genny shutoff occur simulateously on every inverter I've installed w/ 4.01.
Conclusion: vaporware. Maybe it's in 4.1. - but I'm probably dreaming.
Kirk

sunwise at cheqnet.net wrote:

> sunwise at cheqnet.net wrote:
> >
> > Kirk Herander, VT Solar wrote:
> > >Kurt: Are you saying that the Trace automatically switches back to inverter
> > > mode before sending the stop signal?
> >
> Is this another case of the inverter not working the way Trace said it
> would work?  Vaporware?  My client does claim his genset stops at the
> same time as he moves the cursor to OFF.
>
> GOOD NEWS!  I found my manual, version 4.01.
> Page 23 " When the generator stop system is used to stop the generator
> (either automatically or manually from the control panel), the generator
> is disconnected from the inverter first by opening the AC relay inside
> the inverter.  This allows a very clean transistion from the generator
> to the inverter.  The generator will be allowed to run for an additional
> 40 seconds before the stop signal is provided.  This allows the
> generator to cool down before it is turned off.  This is very important
> for turbocharged generators as it allows cooler oil to reach the turbo.
> This feature is new for Rev. 4.01 software.  If the generator does not
> stop after the 40 second cool down period when the stop signal is sent,
> then the inverter will reconnect to the AC source and remain connected
> as long as it is availble."
>
> Kurt Nelson
>
> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
> http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

 michael.welch at homepower.com