SW4024 switching issue [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed Feb 7 08:47:20 PST 2001

sunwise at cheqnet.net wrote:

> Kirk Herander, VT Solar wrote:
> >Kurt: Are you saying that the Trace automatically switches back to inverter
> > mode before sending the stop signal?

Is this another case of the inverter not working the way Trace said it
would work?  Vaporware?  My client does claim his genset stops at the
same time as he moves the cursor to OFF.

GOOD NEWS!  I found my manual, version 4.01.
Page 23 " When the generator stop system is used to stop the generator
(either automatically or manually from the control panel), the generator
is disconnected from the inverter first by opening the AC relay inside
the inverter.  This allows a very clean transistion from the generator
to the inverter.  The generator will be allowed to run for an additional
40 seconds before the stop signal is provided.  This allows the
generator to cool down before it is turned off.  This is very important
for turbocharged generators as it allows cooler oil to reach the turbo.
This feature is new for Rev. 4.01 software.  If the generator does not
stop after the 40 second cool down period when the stop signal is sent,
then the inverter will reconnect to the AC source and remain connected
as long as it is availble."

Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com