low amp battery charging & DR search [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Thu Jan 4 20:57:26 PST 2001

>Jeeez, the 1000' of trench is probably the most expense anyway.

	Bob-O;

	I don't see anything in Jay's message about a trench. How do the costs
compare when overhead is used?
	240 VAC is the way to go, but the transformer will be a significant
phantom load when the inverter is not actually charging. Best to put it on
a disconnect (automatic or otherwise), unless the grid power is 'free'.
(ask a salmon how free it is...)

>With search mode deactivated, loads will function but, obviously, not
>automatically.

	Jim;

	Too weird. Have him try the loads right at the output of the inverter, not
on the dedicated house circuit. Something about that 3/2 prong/GFI thing
stinks. Makes me think about how a variable speed drill reacts to Trace
search pulses. squeeze the trigger a little, nothing, squeeze a little
more, still nothing, hit a certain spot, Bang, the inverter comes up. I'd
venture that the little stick connected to the search watts control was
broken off, but it does work when he defeats search altogether. Maybe a bad
pot on the control, all or nothing. If you can't find any reason for this,
it's time to exercise the warranty.

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com