OutBack Power and SB50s [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Nov 13 14:31:03 PST 2001

Larry - Saw your message and I am looking at a few alternatives for this
situation.

Every OutBack PSDC comes with a DC positive Terminal Bus Bar installed
standard.  The TBB provides three #1/0 and eight #6 max terminals that
are insulated from the PSDC box.  What you do with this positive bus is
left up to you.  You can install additional TBBs for other circuits or
more connections.

For connecting the DC positive terminal bus bar to 4/0 AWG cable,  you
might look at one of the large power distribution blocks available from
electical suppliers or grainger.  I will source a few and will let you
know what I find that looks good.

Please let me know if you find anything else that can be improved as the
suggestions from all of you who do the wrenching in what will make our
products work.

Christopher Freitas

OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com
Tel 360 435 6030  Arlington WA USA

> Larry Elliott wrote:

> Also if Chris at OUTBACK has his ears on I really found the DC + buss to
> be limited in yesterdays install. Needs at least two or three more
> connection points that will accept a minimum of # 4 wire. Adding a
> second is messy and looks bad. Would really prefer a very robust buss
> that accepts up to 4/0 from batteries. Eliminates jumpers.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com