SB3048 [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Tue Nov 13 07:00:08 PST 2001

And Rick, since we seem to have you on the coals, please put the 1"
instead of the 1/2" KOs closest to the back of the controller. Like
it is, you either have to slug bust the controller or the Trace DC250
to use a 1" offset nipple to merge the two. Pain in the butt.
bob-O

I could not agree more bob-o ; but!!
I will add that my last install required me to mount a 2x6 behind the
controller since my 1" offsets still did not allow me to flush mount the
two RV's against the back wall when using an OUTBACK panel. Cannot even
conceive of putting a controller inside the panel as I have seen done. I
prefer mounting at top of panel. OUTBCK panel is deep and with their 1"
out front it really becomes a joke. So bob-o I like them out front for
this reason. I don't like using a punch any more than I have to.I would
like to see Rick get with OUTBACK and coordinate this.
The 1/2" knockouts to me are useless.
Totalizing and resettable kwh's or amp hours would be nice'
Yes. For sure a green LED.
People ask if there is something wrong when it is red.
Customers don't read manuals and don't want to and telling them goes in
one ear and out the other.
Also if Chris at OUTBACK has his ears on I really found the DC + buss to
be limited in yesterdays install. Needs at least two or three more
connection points that will accept a minimum of # 4 wire. Adding a
second is messy and looks bad. Would really prefer a very robust buss
that accepts up to 4/0 from batteries. Eliminates jumpers.
Larry Elliott

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm