Battery Bussing [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 08:47:05 PDT 2001

Consider this. A battery bank has 8 each T-105 batteries from the same
production batch with the same specific gravity wired in series parallel for 24
volts with 8 each 12 inch #4 battery interconnects and all terminal connections
clean and tight. Connect an SW4024 inverter to the battery bank with 2 each 10
feet long 4/0 cable and operate the inverter within its capacity. Question 1 -
Will current flowing through any interconnect differ from current flowing
through any other interconnect? Now connect another SW4024 to the battery bank
with its own separate 4/0 battery cables and operate the inverter within its
capacity. Question 2 - Will the current flowing through any interconnect differ
from any other? Now add another 8 each T-105 batteries to the bank and put the 2
sets of inverter cables at any 24-volts point. Question 3 - Will current flowing
through any interconnect differ from any other? Question 4 - If batteries are
similar (same production batch and specific gravity) and cables and connections
are the same, under what conditions will interconnect current flow differ?

Allan Sindelar wrote:

> Kurt,
>     We wire battery cables to diagonally opposite corners of the bank, with
> interconnects of sufficient size to allow the strings to all work as a set.
> We sometimes add intermediate parallel interconnects, but not always.
>    <snip>

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm