Referrals and Service Calls [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Jun 5 11:03:32 PDT 2001

Joel Davidson wrote:

The only two criteria to get on the list are (1)
> we can say "I personally recommend this company" or "A trusted PV
> professional has recommended this company to me" and (2) the company has
> a defined regular service area.

AND......

> B.  By its very nature, this list is exclusive. For example, I can refer
> people to Jon Hill or Don Loweburg with confidence and can refer people
> to Jon or Don's recommended companies with confidence. In other words, I
> trust Jon and Don in word and deed. Of course, all business between
> customers and companies is private and referrals are made in good faith
> with no implicit or explicit liability to the person or company making
> the referral. Does anyone have comments to make about exclusivity and
> liability?

Greetings Joel,

I just sent you my submission for this list, but thought from your
earlier post that the details of the list were already worked out.  I
assumed (always a mistake) that you were compiling a list of Wrenches
and that you were not judging and not placing your stamp of approval for
those who 'make the list'.  I don't want to offend you here, but it
sounds like it could be the Joel and Don and Jon list?  Who is deciding
who makes the list??

Think about it this way, if John Wiles was making the "call" (very
respected in many circles), one of my favorite Wrenches, Bob-O, probably
wouldn't even make the grade.

In regards to service area, I'd like to get mine a little more clearly
defined as well.   I am, however, a one hour drive from Minnesota, an
hour from Michigan's UP, and though my little shop is on the South shore
of Lake Superior, I work all over the State of Wisconsin.

Actually (and I mean no disrespect here), I'd like to know more about
the details of this list before submitting my name for consideration.

Sincerely,

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com