tax credits [RE-wrenches]

Smitty smitty at aaasolar.com
Fri May 11 10:23:32 PDT 2001

I agree in some instances during the tax credit era, they sold money and
solar came with it. One factor not mentioned so far, I think, concerning
solar thermal back then was the SRCC. The Solar Rating and Certification
Corp., who where supposed to be the government appointed watch dogs of
the industry. In order to be eligible for a tax credit, you had to
install equipment that was tested and certified by them for a fee. The
problem with this is that the SRCC received a royalty from the
manufacturers for every square foot of collector they produced, and
badda bing, badda boom, the SRCC now had a nice little revenue steam.
And guess what, now they had the motivation to certify a cardboard box
with seran wrap on it. This is one of the main reasons you had some junk
hit the roof. Some watch dog. If the SRCC starts to get PV in their
sights, I suggest we be ready to fight.

There exist some small tax credits in some states at present, which, in
my opinion, have not bastardized the industry, or have increased sales
for that matter. Smitty.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm